Thursday, October 8, 2009

If this movie is not anti-Russian, I will eat my hat

Hollywood director Renni Harlin ("Die Hard 2," "Cliffhanger," "Exorcist: The Beginning") has started filming a movie about last year's Russian-Georgian military conflict in South Ossetia. The director claims that the movie is not going to be anti-Russian or anti-Georgian, but instead will be anti-war.

According to Georgian news sources, actor Andy Garcia ("The Godfather. Part III," "The Untouchables," "Ocean's Twelve and Thirteen")) will play the role of Georgian President Saakashvili. I hope he already started practicing his skills in eating his tie, which Mr. Georgian President famously did in the live news coverage on BBC (watch here). I don't see how you can convincingly portray this complex individual without such scene. In fact, we have obtained a photo from the rehearsals for this episode:
And here is the scene where Andy Garcia is practicing his skills running away from the Russian planes which are "out to get him."

And if the movie proves to not have an anti-Russian bias, I will personally eat my hat. Especially if the BBC comes to film me.

No comments:

Post a Comment